For more information or if you would like a copy of the film please email me at catch_twenty_two@hotmail.com

Monday 20 April 2009

Colouring part two


So this is what I've decided upon for my final character aesthetic. I'm using two different techniques but i think they compliment each other.

The basic technique for colouring my man is this;
re-sized raw jpegs, paint over in photoshop on a new layer using a multiply blend. Using this layer to give a solid outline delete the unwanted exterior on the original photo. then duplicate this layer, threshold and overlay on top of the image using multiply to give the defined black lines.

Below is an example of a combination of this technique and finished painted dog frames ( I haven't painted the background yet)


1 comment:

gerry said...

It's great that you've managed to maintain some rough lines of your original drawings, it reminds me of 101 Dalmatians in aesthetic style. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome and good to see that you've allowed yourself enough time to come up with these visual choices.